Monday, December 22, 2008

On the Lighter Side

Today we stopped in at Wally World for the very last item we needed to procure for Christmas. It was around noon so the crowds weren't too bad. Many would be shoppers were packed into the surrounding eateries. We found our gift and move to check out and actually found a check-out counter that was totally empty and moved right in. I unloaded our single item from the cart and my lovely Bride bellies right up to the card scanner, whips out her card and gives it a good swipe and then ....
It was rejected!
The scanner told her that her debit card was no good. So she masterfully swipes it again ... with the same results. So she brings her problem with the machine to the attention of the checker, who accepts her card and attempts a swipe herself, like the third time is the charm, While waiting for the pending reject message shes turning the card over in her hands and then smiling and in a very sweet and helpful voice she says, "excuse me Mame, but I believe this is your Safeway Discount Card, We don't honor those here at Walmart".
My Lady Fair was trying to use her Safeway Discount Card as a Debit card. The checker said, "Now I think this is a first." So now me lady digs out the real debit card and pays for our goods.
Merry Christmas! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see myself doing that! Must be the blonde-ness.

Anonymous said...

I can totally see it too dear.

Unknown said...

Here is my embarrassing moment for the season: We took our dog into the mall to get her picture taken with Santa this past Thursday and I bit it pretty good on the ice. We were done taking the pictures and we were on the way back to the car. I had Sydney in my arms so her feet wouldn't get messed up from the salt. The road was salted pretty good so I was overly confident I wouldn't fall. I stepped up on to a curb which wasn't salted and I started slipping. First it was my left foot and then it was my right foot. I was like, "Oh shit, I'm gonna fall!" Having Syd in my arms I didn't want to fall forward because I probably would have landed on her and broke a couple of her legs. So I threw myself back and on the way down my head hit the bumper of a car. I hit the ground and just laid there for a minute trying to get a grasp of what just happened. Syd was fine but I had a huge knot on the back of my head.

Hank

Rach said...

Man I was just about to comment on how funny Mom's story was and then I read Hanks and I almost peed my pants. That is funny, not the knot on the head part.

Hy says, "that's what you get for taking pictures of your dog with Santa."